HDMI Splitter for SD Recording Advice

GraphicX

Standard Member
Reaction score
any assistance you're able to offer is greatly appreciated.

i wish to record standard definition ps3 game play whilst playing in high definition.

here's my idea of how to go about it, i need to know if it's likely to work or not.

for recording i'd like to use one of these basic usb dongles:
EasyCapDC60-3.jpg

in order to send picture to the tv in HD as well as send signal to the dongle i'd like to use one of these:
EBQ03_G1.jpg

from that splitter i'd like to run a hdmi cable to the tv for hd content along with a hdmi to rca cable to the dongle for recording:
EAX01_G1.jpg

to me it appears it should work (i'm able to get audio direct from the ps3), but my worry is that the hd copy protection may notice the splitter or dongle & stop it all but i'm thinking since the devices are passive & analogue the hdcp may not even notice they exist.

has anyone attempted anything remotely similar to this or can any of you share some theory on whether or not it would work ?

many thanks.

hi mate, no in the end i did further research & the output from the rca lead will still be digital & as a result the high definition copy protection would prevent it from working.

Thanks for getting back to me - I don't want hi def from the output just ordinary video would do, It's only so I have a video of my performances on the rally game.

Thanks anyway :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom