Answered HDMI splitter for outputting HDR10 to one and Atmos to another?

Discomonk

Novice Member
I've got an Xbox One X, which can output HDR10 and Dolby Atmos. As my Atmos soundbar doesn't support HDR passthrough and my TV ARC port is only HDMI1.4 I can't get HDR10 and Atmos at the same time.

Could a HDMI splitter split the image and audio from my Xbox One X, so I can output the HDR10 signal into my TV and the Atmos signal into my soundbar? If so, are does anybody have a recommendation for one?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The original chassis could get hot and after 4-5 hours of continuous game play at Max video throughput the unit would drop a frame every now and again.

The current version has a thicker base plate (heat sink) and so far we (TMF) have had zero reports of any problems from our customers.

Joe

Discomonk

Novice Member
The original chassis could get hot and after 4-5 hours of continuous game play at Max video throughput the unit would drop a frame every now and again.

The current version has a thicker base plate (heat sink) and so far we (TMF) have had zero reports of any problems from our customers.

Joe
Thank you, that's very useful to know. I don't suppose you know what sort of additional input lag going through this splitter would create?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I do have that info somewhere - pretty sure HDF claimed less than a frame and as we have a fair few Gamer customers who use them it must be minimal.

I’ll try and confirm later tonight.

Joe