HDMI Splitter 1x2, HDMI 2.1 HDCP 2.3 supporting [email protected] output with Dolby Atmos and DTS:x

RogerB75

Novice Member
I'm looking for a HDMI Splitter with 1 input split to 2 outputs where at least one have to be [email protected] that support HDMI 2.1, HDCP 2.3 with Dolby Atmos and DTS:x.
So far I haven't been able to find a single one as WolfPack 8K 1x2 HDMI Splitter don't support Dolby Atmos or DTS:x

Have I missed any products on the market?

Don't know if OREI BK-22: 2X2 8K HDMI SPLITTER does support Dolby Atmos and DTS:x as it's not listed and it's also it's out of stock...
Link: OREI | UltraHD 8K 2x2 HDMI Splitter HDCP2.3 - OREI

Best regards Roger

Last edited:

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'I'm looking for a HDMI Splitter with 1 input split to 2 outputs where at least one have to be [email protected] that support HDMI 2.1, HDCP 2.3 with Dolby Atmos and DTS:x' - and what has the other Output to support?

A 'Splitter' (Distribution Amp) simply sends the same signal to two or more destinations - where all destinations support the Input signal!

Joe

Andy3105

Does anyone know if an 8K splitter for HDR10 and 48gbps with VRR and Atmos / DTS:X etc exists....? I want to send my PS5 video direct to my Q80T but I want the digital audio sent to my receiver as the TV doesn't support LPCM via eArc which is frustrating beyond belief.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Your requirements are at the edge of what is currently possible - the alternative would be to replace your display with something which fully supports eARC.

Joe

shaunnevin

Novice Member
I'm looking for a HDMI Splitter with 1 input split to 2 outputs where at least one have to be [email protected] that support HDMI 2.1, HDCP 2.3 with Dolby Atmos and DTS:x.
So far I haven't been able to find a single one as WolfPack 8K 1x2 HDMI Splitter don't support Dolby Atmos or DTS:x

Have I missed any products on the market?

Don't know if OREI BK-22: 2X2 8K HDMI SPLITTER does support Dolby Atmos and DTS:x as it's not listed and it's also it's out of stock...
Link: OREI | UltraHD 8K 2x2 HDMI Splitter HDCP2.3 - OREI

Best regards Roger
Hi Roger and everyone else,

I have just ordered one of these which will be here over the next few days which I believe should solve the problem with choosing 4k120 or routing through soundbar to get Dolby atmos but stuck with 4k60.

I have a Samsung Q80R with one connect box but no eARC and an XBOX Series X with Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar that has eARC. I am trying to have a splitter that can send the signal from the xbox to the TV to allow the 4k120 and then the other side of the splitter go to the soundbar to retain Dolby atmos.

The seller said I won't be able to get VRR with it currently but they should have an updated model in the next few months that will allow it at a much cheaper price point than the VRZoom from HDFury. But he said this one will do what I am trying to do minus the VRR.

I will report back once I have tried it out. But sounds like it might sort your problem and a couple of others out here as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-150955.png
    Screenshot_20220626-150955.png
    659.6 KB · Views: 4

Andy3105

Hi Roger and everyone else,

I have just ordered one of these which will be here over the next few days which I believe should solve the problem with choosing 4k120 or routing through soundbar to get Dolby atmos but stuck with 4k60.

I have a Samsung Q80R with one connect box but no eARC and an XBOX Series X with Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar that has eARC. I am trying to have a splitter that can send the signal from the xbox to the TV to allow the 4k120 and then the other side of the splitter go to the soundbar to retain Dolby atmos.

The seller said I won't be able to get VRR with it currently but they should have an updated model in the next few months that will allow it at a much cheaper price point than the VRZoom from HDFury. But he said this one will do what I am trying to do minus the VRR.

I will report back once I have tried it out. But sounds like it might sort your problem and a couple of others out here as well.
VRR is something I'd like to retain but thanks for this, who did you buy this from so I can keep an eye out for developments....👍

shaunnevin

Novice Member
VRR is something I'd like to retain but thanks for this, who did you buy this from so I can keep an eye out for developments....👍
It's a company in Shenzhen in China I stumbled across given my scenario above, it's been relatively easy for me to get one sent to Hong Kong to try it out and see if it fixes the problem.

As I mentioned earlier, He said the updated version with VRR will be out later this year so I'll let you know how this one goes and if it works well without VRR. Then I'll keep an eye on the updated version when it's released.

To give you some idea, this unit cost me around $50 USD including delivery. So much cheaper than the other options on the market at present.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
@shaunnevin - it looks like your Soundbar has two HDMI Inputs so no requirement to use an HDMI Switch with eARC spoofing capabilities.

All you require is something with VRR support on its Inputs, ARC support on the TV 'Output' (to allow you to route the TV audio to a Soundbar via a second HDMI Output) and ideally the unit will replace the incoming Video with a dummy signal on its Soundbar Output to allow the non-VRR capable Soundbar to lock to the signal and decode the relevant audio.

Any device which aims to rival the HDFury Arcana or VRRoom which lacks the ongoing live support and constant Firmware updates/custom Firmware which HDFury offers will quickly become a brick.

Joe

shaunnevin

Novice Member
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the reply. If my understanding of what you are saying is correct. Then that's what this one should do being an audio extractor? Granted this one has 2 HDMI inputs, so is also a switch but there is also one with just 1 input that is the same specs. I don't care for the switch part, but for the extra $10 USD I thought I'd get it.

There is no doubt in my mind that these units aren't on any kind of similar level to the arcana or VRRroom, but for my use case, its far simpler than what I have read they are generally used for. So I didn't want to pay that amount of money for something I'm not utilising to see it's full extent.

If thats the case, I'll just buy a different TV with eARC.

Will see how it goes when it gets here. Appreciate the reply,

Shaun

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The HDFury Arcana and VRRoom are an ideal partner where your Soundbar only has a single eARC socket (SONOS and BOSE being the leaders of that particular design choice).

Where your Soundbar has additional HDMI Inputs you can, as you say, consider a simpler audio 'extractor' solution which has ARC and HDMI Inputs plus an HDMI Video and HDMI Audio Output.

Hopefully the devices works as you require.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom