HDMI sound issues with HIS 5450

Janomin

Recently upgraded my amp to a Yamaha 3900, and one of the reasons was the ability to use sound via HDMI from a couple of sources. All is ok from PS3, but my media PC is just not behaving. The Amp has the latest firmware, and I have updated every driver I can get for the PC, which has the following spec -

Antec Fusion Remote HTPC Case - Silver
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Retail
OCZ Vertex 2E 60GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H AMD 880G (Socket AM3) microATX DDR3 Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X3 Tri Core 445 3.10GHz (Socket AM3) - Retail
Samsung SH-B123L/RSBP 12x BluRay ROM / DVDRW DL & RAM Lightscribe SATA-II Optical Drive - Black (Retail)
BeQuiet Pure Power L7 530W '80 Plus' Power Supply
HIS ATI Radeon HD 5450 512MB GDDR3 SILENT Low Profile PCI-Express Graphics Card (H545HR512)
Scythe Shuriken BIG Quiet Low Profile CPU Cooler (Scoket 754/939/940/AM2/AM2+/AM3/LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366)
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Ultra Low Voltage Dual Channel Kit (OCZ3P1600C9ELV4GK)
Compro VideoMate DVB-T100 Digital TV Internal PCI - Retail

I have been using TMT5 5.2, fully updated, to play blu-rays and other media. The issue I'm having is whenever I change disks or even pause, the screen blanks, then comes back, but the sound goes absolutely mental, high pitched, tinny, noise. The only way I've found of fixing this is by going into playback devices and running the configure speakers option again, changing from 7.1 to stereo, which sorts out the sound again. The sound issue happens no matter what speaker settings I use, Stereo, Quad, 5.1 or 7.1.

Now I'm completely out of ideas and it's really frustrating, pretty much rendering the media PC useless. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this might be fixed?

DavidT

What version of CCC? In my experience 11.4 is the best.

David

Janomin

Opened up the comp today and made sure all connections were ok, and no improvement. Then swapped over the graphics card from the 5450 to a Gainward 8400gs which seems to have fixed it, so seems like it was an issue with either the 5450 or CCC. Now I just have to work out why theres some annoying overscan issue, but it'll do for the time being.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom