HDMI Socket Repair Possible?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Bigphilscolari, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Bigphilscolari

Bigphilscolari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all , just a quick question, i currently run a hd signal to my panny ph10 via a HDMI to VGA Converter due to the fact i upgraded from a pwd6 and already had the VGA cable buried in the wall and owned the converter , the plus point with this method was i could throw 1080p 24fps at the ph10 from my PS3 over the VGA too.

One BIG problem, i swapped the hdmi cable over from my V+ box to ps3 yesterday (i know.. i know i've been meaning to buy a switchbox:suicide:) ..anyway , the HDMI socket on the Converter snapped off!!!!:eek::thumbsdow i've taken it apart and there is no damage to the terminal board itself it is simply that the socket has come away from the board, i know you can buy hdmi sockets from maplin for £1.50 but does anyone know how to install them ? or know someone someone/somewhere i could get this repaired ?

I dont fancy shelling out £155.00 for another converter especially if this one can be fixed. I've tried a few electronic places in the north-west but none seem interested.

Any help appreciated i really am at a loss what to do here :lease:

2. Bigphilscolari

Bigphilscolari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bump. anyone ? :confused: