HDMI question? Y splitter

mpeg10

Established Member
Reaction score
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Unless your bedroom is next to your living room I would say no, it won't work.

Those splitters can work to a degree but not with longer cable lengths

Hi, just wondered how you got on with this Y splitter ?

I'm looking for a similar solution to split the output from my PS3 to two HDTVs (distance shouldn't be an issue as the 2nd TV is only 2-3m away).

If it works ok then I'll get one from the same seller but I thought I'd check first.

Just wanted to know if any one has tried component to the closest tv then a hdmi over about 10-12m??

I purchase the same splitter off ebay, they Don't work.

If anybody wants one of these splitters they can buy mine, because the previous poster is correct, they just dont work. Its a rip off but as they are in the USA I presume nobody complains.

You need to buy a powered 2 way splitter. They are availaible on ebay for around ÂŁ40.

I have just test the splitter I got from ebay.

When I plug one cable in and feed it to the TV it is okay but if I plug two cables in I get static on the 2nd cable or no signal at all. Can anyone confirm the same issue?

You dont need to split the hdmi just use the component output to one tv and hdmi to the other :)

Ron

Thanks guys, I'll steer clear of those 'cable' splitters and look for a powered model, I suspected that would be the case anyway.

As for using component, that's not an option for PS3 as it only outputs HDMI or Component, not both. Plus the components are being used on the 2nd TV already.

Thanks guys, I'll steer clear of those 'cable' splitters and look for a powered model, I suspected that would be the case anyway.

As for using component, that's not an option for PS3 as it only outputs HDMI or Component, not both. Plus the components are being used on the 2nd TV already.

You could try the gaming forum as this is the Sky HD forum

Ron

Thanks Ron, I appreciate this is the Sky HD forum, but I'm talking primarily about splitting a HDMI signal as per the OP, regardless of whether the signal comes from a PS3 or Sky HD.

Just bought a Y splitter off of ebay for my Sky HD box.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170180508758

My plan is to run a HDMI cable to my Tv in the living room and another to my TV in the bedroom. Will this Y splitter work? I am aware of HDCP on sky but not to sure if this will be an issue.

Thanks Ron, I appreciate this is the Sky HD forum, but I'm talking primarily about splitting a HDMI signal as per the OP, regardless of whether the signal comes from a PS3 or Sky HD.

As you can see the as per the original poster was asking about splitting the Sky HD signal not anything else have another read :confused:

Ron

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
As you can see the as per the original poster was asking about splitting the Sky HD signal not anything else have another read :confused:

Ron

Erm don;t think it matters where the signal is coming from I though I'd ask here as I would assume there were others that would have tried with sky boxes. Obvious there is nothing better to do at 5.50am than waste bandwidth here Ron.

With the Y Splitters I have often found that most of the time one of the sources from the double end needs to be off for the other to work..now I think its pointless for that..you need a manual switch, or a more expensive auto switch..you can get various HDMI switch's with built in Optical switches etc, search the net or maplins for this

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom