HDMI / PS5 / VIZIO problem

nashscan

Novice Member
My VIZIO TV has 4 HDMI ports. Only one of them is HDMI 2.0 That is also the ARC port as well. I need that port for my Samsung 5.1 audio system for that reason. But I also need it for my PS5, because when I plug my PS5 into the other three HDMI ports, it cannot handle both 4K and HDR at the same time. So right now, I have to choose between having my PS5 in full 4K HDR and listen to the audio from my TV speakers or headphones, or use my PS5 in 4K mode with no HDR or 1080p with HDR. Are there any options for me besides buying a new TV?

Preston

next010

Distinguished Member
Is this TV what you have or something like it.

If so I would suggest switching to the optical output of the TV to connect to the sound system that will free up the single HDMI 2.0 port.

The only other option I can think of is get a sound system which has 4K HDR HDMI inputs so you can plug the console into the sound system and still use ARC on the HDMI 2.0 port as the same time.

nashscan

Novice Member
I have a Vizio M50 E1. I finally was able to plug in the optical cable going from my TV to my Samsung blu ray player / surround sound. I am now able to play my ps5 in 2160 / HDR10 while the sound is coming out my good speakers. The only catch is that I lost 5.1 sound. It’s only stereo now.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom