• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Problems

Gav1425

Standard Member
OK having some strange issues with my HDMI connections, firstly the hardware, i have a Sony Bravia KDL 32V4000 TV, a zoostorm PC with integrated intel HD graphics, and an xbox 360 with HDMI output. The XBOX has been connected to the TV in HDMI3 with no issues, so i tried connecting the PC to one of the other ports, no luck on either. As part of trouble shooting i plugged the xbox into both HDMI1/2, no picture! I also connected the PC to HDMI3, an error message appears in the top left of TV "Out of Range" although the PC recognises the TV as an external monitor. I then reset the TV to factory settings and tried again, still no luck. So it breaks down into two problems, TV will not recognise the PC on a proven HDMI port (proven by the XBOX), and will not recognise anything in the other two ports. I have contacted Sony support but they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot and could not understand the problem, has anyone got any ideas on any other courses of action i could try? Any help much appriciated.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Not all HDMI ports will support ‘PC’ signals – you can save a few pennies when you buy your HDMI Chip sets if you buy ‘Video’ (1080p, 1080i, 720p etc.) chips vs. chips that also support PC resolution signals and EDID.

You may find the manual suggest you only plug a PC into HDMI port 3 plus ensure the PC is outputting one of a limited range of signal types.

Time to dig out the manual and see what each HDMI Input port supports.

I’d suggest powering everything Off at the wall – connect the PC to HDMI port 3 and then power it all back on – Display first.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom