• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hdmi problem

SAINTS63

Standard Member
Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have Sony TV KDL26S2030. this tv only has one HDMI connection so we have to alternate leads when we want use the PS3 and Sky HD. Unfortunately I am not getting any HDMI output to my tv so we cant use the PS3 and we cant watch any Sky HD through the HDMI lead.. I can watch my Sky channels via scart but then I get a message telling me to disconnect my HDMI lead.
I would really appreciate it if somebody could shed any light on what they think may be going on. Thankyou and apologies if i have posted this in the wrong place.

Oily

Novice Member
Sounds like your HDMI lead has given up :confused:

Why don't you use a HDMI switcher?
HDMI-Switch01.jpg

Last edited:

logiciel

I am not getting any HDMI output to my tv
if i have posted this in the wrong place.
Welcome to AVF.
There's a fixed thread immediately above where you opened yours saying "No Sky related topics here".
Do you mean you get no picture now from either of the devices when connected only by HDMI?
If so then obviously the cable needs to be replaced.
After that the HDMI switch will fix the problem of having to "alternate" leads, which is a bad idea.

SAINTS63

Standard Member
Thanks very much for replies. The splitter/ hub looks a good idea.I am using 2 leads. one for the PS3 and one for the SKY HD. My son now has the PS3 connected to his tv with the PS3 HDMIlead and it works fine. I have tried his tv connected to the Sky HD lead and that is fine as well.I believe the problem may well be with my TV. I am hoping that all the connecting and disconnecting of the HDMI leads has not damaged the connection on the TV. Although if it helps persuade her indoors that I need a bigger TV it might have its advantages.

simon194

Prominent Member
Thanks very much for replies. The splitter/ hub looks a good idea.I am using 2 leads. one for the PS3 and one for the SKY HD. My son now has the PS3 connected to his tv with the PS3 HDMIlead and it works fine. I have tried his tv connected to the Sky HD lead and that is fine as well.I believe the problem may well be with my TV. I am hoping that all the connecting and disconnecting of the HDMI leads has not damaged the connection on the TV. Although if it helps persuade her indoors that I need a bigger TV it might have its advantages.

It looks like the HDMI socket on you TV may have been damaged by the constant plugging and unplugging. They aren't a particularly robust design to start with.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom