HDMI problem with tosh 46wm48

J

jhkanguk

I have narrowed down my problem with Tosh 46wm48. Please help.
Below is what I mailed to XFX graphics card company.

I have a problem with XFX GEFORCE 6600 256MB PCI-E DDR DVI & TV OUT card.

I have Toshiba DLP projection TV 46wm48 with HDMI input. It is connected to DVI out of the graphics card.

The problem is this.

If pc is turned on first (not TV yet) then it sends video signal to TV. Even though TV is in standby mode, TV detects it and for some reason TV won't turn on afterwards.

If pc is turned on and off while TV is in standby mode, however short the period is, pc's video signal triggers TV's reaction and make the TV unusable.

This doesn't happen if TV is turned on first and then pc is turned on.
When it is working, I get good picture on TV.

It seems that there is something mismatching between PC DVI output and TV HDMI in.
TV reacts to the problem only when it is in standby mode.

This could be a problem with either TV or PC. Is this problem known issue to you?

I use DVI-HDMI cable.

For anyone who uses HDMI input of this tv, please tell me if yours is ok or not.

I use HDMI but from DVD player & its superb

The manual states you should connect TV to PC via a Mini D-sub 15 pin connector & RGB/PC lead - NOT HDMI

Maybe thats your problem

Lee

I don't think the manual means "no pc to hdmi"

It says "hdmi is for use with a dvd, decoder or electrical equipment with digital audio and video". PC DVI out shouldn't be different from dvd dvi out as it's a standard. And I am getting good picture from pc dvi.

The manual says "connect pc to pc terminal" because it can't say "connect dvd player to pc terminal".
It doesn't mean "you can connect pc only to pc terminal not to hdmi or svideo or composite port". And we know all are possible.

No offense to you. Just my thought.

I have a dvi to hdmi lead from my Medion 8083 pc - but do not obtain a pic when using it - though i think its more to do with me not knowing how to enable dvi on the pc - not too sure about the monitor settings etc...........

But the pc connection gives a superb picture!

Absolutely stunning!

Dave, Oldham.

whiteswan,
do you get full wide screen using pc monitor cable? I get only rectangular screen!
What is your resolution? Manual says 1024x768 maximum.

I get full wide screen from pc monitor connection now.
The trick was simple. Just use ratio mode button on remoted. PC mode allows '4:3' and 'Wide' mode only.

Is there anyone who uses PC DVI out to HDMI input of Tosh?

I am returning XFX GeForce 6600 PCI-E card and getting InnoVision 6600 PCI-E instead to see if different graphics card solves the problem.

It seems that I am pioneering in this area unless someone already experienced turns up. When everything is sorted, I will be able to give you good guide about using PC DVI connection as I already learned a lot from trials and errors.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom