HDMI power control Sky Q / Denon AVR-X3600H

Jon8oy

Novice Member
Reaction score
I would be very grateful for help with resolving a power state control problem with my Denon AVR-X3600H. Everything was working fine until I started playing around with different connection patterns after adding a Samsung Blu Ray player because of an issue with HDCP for 4K content.

Previously working setup by which I mean switching on Sky Q resulted in Denon and LG switching on too:

Sky Q -> Denon AVR-X3600H -> Philips HDMI Sync -> LG 65" OLED

I then tried various different paths and although I was able to get HDCP behaving without the Philips Sync or using a direct video connection from Blu Ray to TV, I couldn't get things working with all 4 in the path. I also tried hanging the Philips off the second HDMI output on the Denon but that didn't work either (for the Philips Sync).

So I put everything back as it was with the Blu Ray as a second source on the Denon, accepting for now that 4K was not happy with the HDCP path.

Now, when I turn on the Sky Q box, the TV comes on but not the Denon. But when I turn off the TV the Denon does switch off. The Sky box doesn't seem to switch off with anything else.

I've factory reset both Denon and TV. Having been through the various HDMI settings I'm back in the same situation. The Denon does pass through the Sky Q when it is off. But I have to turn on the Denon to get sound. The WAF is much lower now than it was which is why I'd be very grateful for advice on how to get back to being able to turn on the Sky Q and have both Denon and TV jump into life.

I would be very grateful for help with resolving a power state control problem with my Denon AVR-X3600H. Everything was working fine until I started playing around with different connection patterns after adding a Samsung Blu Ray player because of an issue with HDCP for 4K content.

Previously working setup by which I mean switching on Sky Q resulted in Denon and LG switching on too:

Sky Q -> Denon AVR-X3600H -> Philips HDMI Sync -> LG 65" OLED

I then tried various different paths and although I was able to get HDCP behaving without the Philips Sync or using a direct video connection from Blu Ray to TV, I couldn't get things working with all 4 in the path. I also tried hanging the Philips off the second HDMI output on the Denon but that didn't work either (for the Philips Sync).

So I put everything back as it was with the Blu Ray as a second source on the Denon, accepting for now that 4K was not happy with the HDCP path.

Now, when I turn on the Sky Q box, the TV comes on but not the Denon. But when I turn off the TV the Denon does switch off. The Sky box doesn't seem to switch off with anything else.

I've factory reset both Denon and TV. Having been through the various HDMI settings I'm back in the same situation. The Denon does pass through the Sky Q when it is off. But I have to turn on the Denon to get sound. The WAF is much lower now than it was which is why I'd be very grateful for advice on how to get back to being able to turn on the Sky Q and have both Denon and TV jump into life.
I'm in same boat .it used to turn on every time now it dont .I have Samsung qled tv and have to go into sound setti g to activate the denon to turn on .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom