Hdmi pass through problem

quasibongo

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi, I bought an lx83 yesterday and totally love it but have two problems. First is I can't get 5.1 from sky even though I've assigned the optical output and I can't get the amp to passthrough to the tv with the amp off. I assumed all avr's did this these days?? Any advice appreciate

Not sure about the LX83 but my LX72 does not pass HDMI while on standby.
Does the user manual state that this should work?

Hi Duff.

My VSX-1020 won't do it either.
Really frustrating too. when I set it up as per manual to HDMI control (switching on in the correct order so it synchronises). When I switch sound from Amp to Through (On Kuro TV via Kuro link) All works fine for about 10 seconds. then the amp switches ITSELF OFF, Picture and sound lost.
I've complained to Pioneer who un-helpfully advise me "Not to turn the Amp off" no updates available for the buggy software either! Fantastic Amp though!

Its this same feature that has me debating whether or not to get the competing sony dn1010 which does have it. The specs clearly say the 1020 does NOT have this hdmi feature but the vsx 1120 does.

I guess if do get the vsx 1020 I'll just have to run a separate set of cables so that I can watch tv without the amp on all the time.

Hi, all HDMI signals need continuous connection to pass the HDCP copyright protection between all units in the chain...its to stop the crooks, there are encrypted keys which pass from unit to unit which change every 100ms and if they dont get the proper handshake they either mute the video output or downgrade it to standerd low deff...hope this helps..Av tech

Hi. I have an LX-52 and it passes through on standby but you need to enable
Kuro Link if i remember correctly which then effects reasigning digital inputs from Sky.There is mention of this in the manual in the chapter dealing with the Kuro Link i think? As regards 5.1 are you aware not all channels broadcast in 5.1.

Hi, all HDMI signals need continuous connection to pass the HDCP copyright protection between all units in the chain...its to stop the crooks, there are encrypted keys which pass from unit to unit which change every 100ms and if they dont get the proper handshake they either mute the video output or downgrade it to standerd low deff...hope this helps..Av tech

My Denon passes SKY through HDMI when it is in Standby. I looked at the Pioneer but this issue was a deal breaker for me and I went for a Denon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom