HDMI Pass through problem

Nickyrboy

Standard Member
Hi Guys

I have a Yamaha RX-V1065 and the standby HDMI pass through feature is not working correctly. As in when the amp is turned off turning on the source player should just pass the video and audio through to the TV so you can watch and hear it on the TV. The picture is coming up fine but the audio is where I'm having an issue, it is present but not correctly. It sounds through the TV as if it's just the surround audio channels and not the centre channel at all. On the amps HDMI settings I have, HDMI standby to ON and Audio set to TV & AMPLIFIER. Anyone any suggestions why I would only get some of the sound info through to the TV? It is the same when the amp is on only partial sound through to the TV.

Many thanks

Nick

johnmc

Hi Guys
On the amps HDMI settings I have, HDMI standby to ON and Audio set to TV & AMPLIFIER.

Many thanks

Nick
Have you tried setting the audio output to tv?
hdmi control to on .

(im still having some issues with setting up, last night i was able to use the tv volume control on the sky hd remote to alter the volume on the receiver,even though the sky remote is set up for the tv.) prob a hdmi issue

Nickyrboy

Standard Member
Thanks for the above suggestion. However I've tried all possible combnations to get the full sound output from the tv but to no avail. Anyone else any suggestions?
Thanks
nick

dwhite

Whats your source? It sounds like the downmixing from multichannel audio down to stereo isn't working. Is there any settings on your source which is forcing the output and perhaps preventing the downmixing happening.

Nickyrboy

Standard Member
Hi

My source is a PS3 and audio is output via the HDMI in LPCM format. I don't think there are any other changes I can make please tell if I'm wrong.

Many thanks

Nick

philvella

Novice Member
The 1065 will only pass through the HDMI source that was selected at the point that it was switched off.

I agree with dwhite, it sounds like the output from the PS3 isn't right. If the PS3 is outputting a 5.1 signal via LPCM then the TV won't have the ability to down mix it to stereo and it will sound odd.

If you have an proper surround set up then I can't see any reason not to use it when using a source with surround sound?!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom