HDMI over tcp/ip

ybotc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all

i have a distributed house wide AV system using a wyrestorm 8x8 hdbaset matrix , but would like a little project to play with.

what I want is (I think) a HDMI encoder that can take a signal (sky , firestick etc) encode and send around the house using my network, then would like to use a firestick (WiFi) to decode on remote TV. Very high Quality not an issue as this is just a test project , 1080p with stereo sound would be fine.

Last time I looked at this encoders we’re ridiculously expensive , they seem to have come down in price and have seen some on eBay for around £150 (there is one for £70 but not sure it really does what it says)

Any suggestions / recommendations for reasonably priced kit ?
Cheers
Toby

HDMI over LAN (HD or UHD) use a TX plus RX and run on a VLAN alongside your network traffic as a one to one, one to many or many to many solution - you can try using a third party RX but may find support for that option lacking.

Joe

HDMI over LAN (HD or UHD) use a TX plus RX and run on a VLAN alongside your network traffic as a one to one, one to many or many to many solution - you can try using a third party RX but may find support for that option lacking.

Joe

thanks, think i might have my terminology wrong , what I want to create is my own internal IPTV distribution system, essentially take a hdmi signal encode it , send it across the network (like you can with VLC) and then use something like firestick IPTV Smarters to display the stream

something like this

much cheaper than I expected so wInter how bad it would be

Have you confirmed it supports a 50Hz input and what it does with the Output stream - if it’s converting everything to 30fps that’ll look odd.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom