HDMI over CAT6 eARC signal

RajP

Distinguished Member
Hi all.. we are in the process of refurbishing our home and have done the following from Audio point of view. We have 3 Sonos Amps in the data cabinet in the garage. The ceiling Speaker cables from the Kitchen, Sitting Room and TV Room all end up in this spot too. Cables have been run and walls and ceilings closed up so can't run new cables now. Hence this deep dive.

The TV Room has a TV with eArc HDMI port which will connect to the Sonos Arc sound bar. There is also a Sonos Sub in this room and one of the Sonos amps in the garage will power the ceiling speakers for surround. There is CAT6 cable that runs back to the data cabinet in the garage.
The Kitchen has a TV with eARC HDMI port too. There are ceiling speakers in here which are wired back to another Sonos amp in the garage. There is a CAT6 cable that runs back to the data cabinet in the garage.

Now, if I play something on the TV room tv, I can group all the Sonos amps together and play the sound thru out the 3 rooms. However, if I wanted to play the output from the Kitchen TV to the ceiling speakers, I cannot do this at the moment as I do not have a HDMI cable running back to the garage. I was wondering if there is a way for me to connect the output of the Kitchen TV to the Sonos. The TV is a Samsung Frame TV which has the One Connect Box which has the HDMI ports etc on it. The main input into the TV is Sky Q Box as well as content from the internet. Sonos Amp has a HDMI HDMI ARC port. I was advised that I may be able to use Blustream HEX70ARC-KIT HDBaseT™ ARC Extender Set - 70m (4K up to 40m). However, I assume that I will be connecting the Sky Q Box's HDMI port to the Samsung One Connect box's HDMI- Arc port. There is no way for me to send the HDMI Arc signal to Sonos. With the Extender set, I assume the output from the Sky Box goes into the HDMI in on the BluStream transmitter, the output of the receiver's HDMI Out goes into the One Connect Box's HDMI Arc port. The ethernet cable on the BluStream transmitter is connected to the CAT6 and the other side of that cable is connected to the BluStream's Receiver ethernet port. Then the HDMI Arc port is connected to the Sonos Amp and everything should work as expected..

The only downside is, the output from TV is no longer shared and just the output from SKY Box is available to Sonos.

Does anyone have a alternative to this? Would you please be able to recommend other options?? TIA.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I'll need to sketch out your connectivity (not now - footy to watch tonight :)) but wonder if the HDFury Maestro will resolve your issues, we have supplied this unit to a few customers with complex systems.

Joe

UFO 8KH

Novice Member
"The Kitchen has a TV with eARC HDMI port too. There are ceiling speakers in here which are wired back to another Sonos amp in the garage."
eARC may have issue if hybrid cable over 20 meters. Some devices may downgrade it to ARC/PCM if acceptable. All fiber solution may support eARC over very long distance such as 300 meters.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom