• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI output loose?

def

Established Member
I noticed something about my 360 AV out cable. The optical out port on it seems to be very "loose" - whenever I try and plug an optical cable into it, the slightest movement will dislodge it.

It's not a badly made cable, all my optical cables do it (and they're decent cambridge audio ones). Have I got a faulty AV cable, or are all 360's like this?

I'm seriously considering blutack to stick it in place...

ukkev2000

Established Member
er, HDMI output?? LOL it's the optical output :)

They are all like that, one or two cables apparently work but none of mine do :(

Once I have my cable in and working, I'm very careful to not knock the 360 :rotfl:

Blue tack is a good option :thumbsup:

def

Established Member
lol, yes, no idea why I typed HDMI in the topic and then optical for the rest of the post.

I did mean the optical.

Seems bizarre that the cable can fall out the 360 so easily, yet I have a £6 maplin optical splitter thing where all my cables click firmly into place.

smokingreen

Established Member
I had a couple that were loose, but then I got a cheapo one off ebay and it clicked into place perfectly.

My xbox was the same, would fall out if you breathed on it!

cable1210

Established Member
Mines solidly in there. By Chord company, now i think of it even the cheepy one that came with a vga cable (cant rember the make) fitted snuggly as well.

louishm

Established Member
i had this problem with an expensive optical cable and i ending up getting a stanley knife and lightly cutting away the grey plastic around the optical out. all cables fit perfectly now

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom