• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question HDMI out on Virgin Tivo box - getting picture on DVI-D monitor?

Mel_P

Standard Member
Hello, I have a recently acquired Virgin TiVo box which I don't used directly but use a local monitor to check recording set up. Previously I had a non-TiVo box with a SCART output and used this via a DVD/HDD recorder / component output.

Now that I have the TiVo box I don't need the DVD / HDD recorder but I do have an old DVI-D monitor which I can use. This works fine on a PC via DVI-D and a Raspberry pi via an HDMI lead and a HDMI - DVI-D converter.

When I try this on the TiVo box it only partially works. I get the box-generated parts of the picture (lines, text, TV guide BUT I don't get the actual TV picture!

Does anybody know if I can use a DVI-D monitor on a TiVo box? Thanks, Mel

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Sounds like an HDCP problem, with the monitor not being compliant. You will need a more modern monitor with HDCP to the standard demanded by the Tivo box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom