• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI on LX5090

mamali

Standard Member
When I turn on my satelitte receiver which is connected via the HDMI, the LX5090 does not switch over to the right input and I have to select the input manually Is this right?my previous TV went to the right input automaticly? I have even tried a different cable, the latest HDMI version,any comments would be appreciated .

GMC79

Distinguished Member
It seems some do and some dont, my Toshiba LCD does not auto switch on any input but my old Sony Plasma did switch auto on most inputs.
Is it really a big deal tho? Say i switch on my Panny EX77 (HDMI), and as i sit down i switch the input. Takes 2secs.
I do agree that all should do it and especially a top end screen like yours, but they dont.

jontymo

Established Member
Have you set all your inputs up, on mine i use 1 for freesat so when i turn tele it waits for the freesat to fire up unless its already on.
I then have to select 2 on remote for wii or 3 for receiver for using ps3 or blu ray.

Don't forget you have to be on input 1 then select menu to setup
select input 2 then menu, input 3 selct menu and setup etc etc

I used my tv for 3 months and manually selected the input in the menu until i sat down and had a play.

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
I had a play in the menu I am not sure what I am supposed to be changing?
I am in the dark also. Auto selection is handy as it can be a right pain remembering what is connected to what. I have not even tried explaining it to the missus.
I think there is a difference between devices.
My tv does not auto recognise the satellite. The Sony BDP S350 is recognised by the sound system when turned on and the tv changes inputs too. If the sound system is in stand by the 350 goes straight through to tv yet the PS3 does not.

Flugel Hound

Established Member
I have the same Pioneer and this is annoying - cant it default to HDMI for my Freesat HD? Let me know if you find out!

D

mamali

Standard Member
I phoned Pioneer today the told me the input has to be selected manually and it is not auto switch, I am very supprised and find it hard to beleive !! has anyone got a Pioneer LX5090 or the 6090 that will auto switch on the HDMI cable ??

Flugel Hound

Established Member
Bizarrely, I find ours always powers up on HDMI 1 now... My missus mentioned that it was great to no longer have to cycle through to input 6 as we had to on the old TV... I've used other inputs too in the meantime, but it seems to default to HDMI 1 on input 4...

I assumed default would be HDMI on input one - but it calls HDMI input 1 of the 3 possible HDMI inputs 'input 4'...

D

Flugel Hound

Established Member
Just in case it helps mate....

I worked out that thing that it has doubled up input numbers (i.e. HDMI1 AND SCART 1). So I now have HDMI 1 (my Humax PVR HD) on HDMI input 1 (not 4, as before).

In the options menu you tell it what to look for on input 1 - i.e whether to assign HDMI 1 to input 1 or assign SCART 1 to input 1. This is also an option for HDMI 3 & 4. The choice on input 2 is for component via RCA or composite via SCART only (I dont think there was an S Video or RGB option).

I find it boots up on HDMI 1 now for my PVR :)

D

Simon-2k

Established Member
Logitech Harmony 555 solves all this :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom