HDMI modulator to AV amp andprojector ?

malsat

Hi

I am put sky through an HDMI modulator into a distribution amp then to all rooms,

this is fine and TV's show HD pictures,

But how do I then get it back to HDMI to go into Amp and projector in cinema room ?

Do I need to go into a freeview box first then out ?

Old set up was sky analog into VHS recorder then HDMI out into amp

thanks

mal

malsat

I want to use existing coax to send HD digital signal to that room can't do new wire.

I know what a freeveiw box is and it can scan the channel from HDMI modulator I was thinking,

Thanks for your clever answer

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Your use of “how do I then get it back to HDMI” was confusing.
I (wrongly) assumed your Sky box was in the cinema room and you couldn’t use the HDMI out as it was being used to feed the HDMI modulator hence my suggestion of a switch.
If you'd asked “how can I convert the incoming RF to an HDMI output to feed my projector” then put forward your idea of using the Freeview box things would have become clearer and I would have said yes, that will probably work.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
I want to use existing coax to send HD digital signal to that room can't do new wire.

I know what a freeveiw box is and it can scan the channel from HDMI modulator I was thinking,

Thanks for your clever answer

Tune a Freeview-HD device to the single DVB-T HD mux on the coax cable. Connect the Freeview-HD box HDMI out to the projector. If the device is a Freeview-HD PVR you can also record and live pause the content.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom