HDMI Magic Eye with Yamaha Amp

Jezzer96

Standard Member
I have recently had a new home extension and used the opportunity to embed my HDMI cables in the wall and to have these fed back to a media cupboard which is 8m away from where the wall mounted television is situated.

The TV is a LG65UF950V which is connected via HDMI to a Yamaha VX670 Amp that is located in the media cupboard.

I have my Sky HD receiver in the media cupboard also and this is connected via HMDI to the Yamaha Amp.

My media cupboard is at right angle to my seating position and the Sky remote will not work in this location so i have to stand up and move towards the media cupboard to operate the Sky box.

My thoughts are to install a HDMI magic eye but are unsure if I can control the Sky box in this way with the TV been connected to the Yamaha Amp and not directly to the Sky box.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
A Tv link (Magic Eye) from the Sky RF2 out would be the easiest/cheapest solution.

Jezzer96

Standard Member
I am using the Sky RF2 to feed back to a signal splitter booster in my loft where all the other TV's in the house are connected.

If I put the magic eye at the location of the Sky box, I assume the magic eye would be located in the same area?

If so, I am not gaining anything as the ideal solution is to have a magic eye located on the TV so that I can control the Sky box by pointing the remote in the vicinity of the TV.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You can use the RF1 (if it's unused) to the loft box and use the RF2 for the magic eye on a long extension to the TV's position.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom