HDMI lead to PS3

rebelpeter

Standard Member
Hi I don't know if this is the right forum ( new member) but I am having problems connecting my PS3 to my Tv, the ps3 will work fine on a scart lead but not the HDMI lead I just get nothing on the screen with the HDMI lead , and wonder of anyone knows what I have to do to make the ps3 work with a HDMI lead. I have tried AV then switching the tv to HDMI but still does not work with the PS3. In the event someone knows the cure for this can I also ask if the ps3 can be made to work with the HDMI and could I still have the PS2 connected with a scart lead and be able to switch from the ps3 on the HDMI to the ps2 on a scart lead, In other words can the tv operate on both a scart lead as well as a HDMI lead . . . . .

andy1249

Distinguished Member
With everything turned off , connect the PS3 to the TV with a HDMI lead. Turn on the TV and switch the TV to the correct HDMI input.

Now turn on the PS3 but hold down the button for about 10 seconds , the PS3 will then go into an automatic detect routine and set itself up for HDMI.

You must do this routine every time you change the connection type for the PS3 , for example , should you change TV's or go back to scart , you have to hold down the power on button and go through the routine again.

PS2 and PS3 on different inputs should be no problem at all.

rebelpeter

Standard Member
Hi thanks for the reply and for the cure for my problems and I think I will be able to do this now. Many Thanks. Reb . .

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom