HDMI into my 42PHD7 Story

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by 1664, Sep 22, 2007.

1. 1664

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Well I know there is a bit on here about HDMI and Panny 7 screens.

My adventure started when I broke my camcorder (with salt water!) Insurance company suggested a HD Sony - OK. Knowing I had a DVI socket thought all would be OK (now I remeber all the stories about the DVI / HDMI etc) so you'll guess by now that the camera only connected at 720 * 576p
    Had a look at various threads and ended up with the HDFury dongle, which allows a HD source (on a DVI plug) to be connected to the PC input on the screen. And I can confirm that it does work, my camcorder now shows a connection of 1920 * 1080i

I did try Hi Def out of the cameras component output (set to 1080) into the plasma, and that dont work just so you know.

My HDFury cost about £75, which the wife doesn't need to know!

Cheers

Baz

2. 1664

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Bit of an update for you.

After a while the picture decided to go blank, I am only feeding the HDFury with my Sony HD Camcorder. Have since discovered the following :-

With Sony PSU running the camera the picture will blank after a while, if its on a fresh battery lasts the whole 60 min of tape. Conclusion was that the HDFury takes a lot of power to run, spec says it needs 0.5A at 5vdc if you use an external power supply to run the HDFury. So my guess is that the Sony PSU is not man enough to run camera and HDFury (power supplied through HDMI cable to HDFury) or my 1 mtrs cable is a bit naff.

Anyway decided to go get an external PSU for the HDFury, found one at Maplin for about £17 stock code L45BL (5v at 4amps regulated, just make sure you get the reversable plug right) tried this and so far no blanking picture.:)

Baz

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    If there is an option to record on the camera at 60Hz, you'll get the picture straingt into the HDMI. If the euro version has no option for this, I'd suggest anyone i a similar position can consider either the HD fury, or buying a US version of the camera, which I'd expect to be 60Hz