1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI Inputs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by surfymark, Aug 18, 2005.

1. surfymark

surfymark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Hi there!

I am considering buying an HD ready LCD and have a question. I will be looking to get the new HD Sky box when it comes out. This will obviously feed into my HDMI input on the new LCD. I am also looking to get the new PS3 which will also feed into an HDMI input. How will this work? I notice the PS3 will have two HDMI ports, can you daisy-chain them like with SCART? Or am I going to have to unplug the PS3 when I want to watch sky etc?

As an aside, I am looking to get the Sony KDL-S32A12U. Is this a good one to go for? Is there any reason to wait on this purchase (will later models be much better, cheaper etc?)

cheers
    Mark

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    PS3 HDMI are outputs for the supposed driving of two HDTVs. I wouldn't be surprised to see it disappear before it arrives on shelves.

Simple answer is that you'll need a TV with two HDMI inputs, or a switcher (separate or on an AV receiver)

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    surfymark

Over time the Hardware manufactures want everything but HDMI/DVI to disappear - once that happens even having two HDMI Inputs on a Display is going to be insufficient.

There are lots of HDMI and DVI (with HDCP) switchers on the market - you can have 2, 4, 5 or more inputs and , 2 or 4 Outputs; though you pay a pretty hefty price for the multiple Output units.

Best regards

Joe