HDMI Input to Sony v4000 from Giga MA78GM-S2H MB problem

Robhav

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have my Sony 40" V4000 hooked up to my htpc via hdmi. Everything is fine until about 15-20 mins into the session. Then the Sony loses the hdmi input and the screen goes black. The htpc is still running fine just no input to the tv. I can't figure out what is going on.

Many thanks - my setup:

AMD CPU AM2 5400 Dual Core Athlon 64 Socket AM2 940 PIN RetailGigabyte motherboard GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2 Phenom AMD 780GLG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray & HD Combi drive Black SATA RetailHauppauge WinTV Nova T500 Dual Tuner Low ProfileCorsair 2048MB TwinX XMS2 6400 DDR2 Memory Kit (2 x 1024MB)Samsung 1000GB Spinpoint F SATA II300 7200rpm 32MB Cache Hard Disk DriveSilverStone Grandia GD01-B-MXR Black desktop + remote +card readerSilverstone Strider ST40F 400W PSU 120mm fan 22dBA SATA support +PFCMicrosoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit OEMKeySonic WireLess Mini Keyboard with Built in Touch Pad USBHDMI To HDMI 2m Cable Gold

I take it you have the power saving on the monitor turned off?

Yep - check your power saving and screen saver settings. It sounds as if your power saving is switching the monitor off after a certain duration of inactivity (and watching TV / DVDs counts as inactivity ISTR)...

I changed the power saving and screen saver settings and it still did the same thing. I turned it on this morning though and I can't get a signal out of VGA DVI or HDMI - i'm thinking faulty motherboard so I will have to take it apart and send it back.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom