1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI. iLink and SACD

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Stereo Steve, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Anyone know if HDMI will ever be able to carry multi channel SACD? If so, has anyone implemented this yet? I'm particularly intereseted in more high end products.

Also, Pioneer seem to have some kind of anti-jitter technology with their iLink implementation. If I kept my 757 and changed to, say, a Sony amp with iLink would I lose this benefit or is it a standardised technology?

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Steve Im fairly certain Audio Synthensis do a mod to a 757 that allows it to be used as a uber transport, but using the i-link different audio copmanies ie like Sony IEE 1394, and Denons Denon Link these have to be used with those pieces of kit to fulfil copyright-piracy obligations, ie encrypted for use with same company use, or elst it would be free reign on the bootleggers making hi-res copies of SACD/DVDA, another point if that Sony & Denon Firewire design differ slight IIRC one being I-200 the other I-400 not too lcued up on this though as its of much use to a non firewire audiophile as a fart in a spacesuit. Is Iee1394 Firewire and HDMI the same connection ?

http://www.audiosynthesis.co.uk/transcend_conversion.htm

This is non firewire though. But Im sure Ive seen a 757 with this conversion could be wrong.