1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI HS20 / DV79 help needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by docfeelgood, Jun 15, 2004.

1. docfeelgood

docfeelgood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there anyone out there who has this combination and are using HDMI as the connection to the HS20.

It seems that my DV79 and HS20 are not communicating with each other correctly via HDMI.

When the 'ouput priority' in the DV79 menu is set to HDMI/DVI the DV79 should recieve information from the HS20 and configure itself relevant to the abilities of the projector (I believe this is called a 'digital handshake'!) i.e 'plug and play'.

So, I believe, the DV79 should turn PAL/NTSC progressive scan on, or at least allow the options to turn either NTSC p-scan, PAL P-scan or both from the menu.

My DV79 defaults to interlaced ouput, selects NTSC as the TV type and only allows NTSC progressive scan from the menu.
    You can then change the TV type to PAL and it then allows PAL PS. But it does not allow you select both.

To get round this I have to change the output priority to 'analogue' (in this mode it does not 'talk' to the display device). The progressive scan sub menu then allows me to select 'on' which effectively enables both NTSC and PAL progressive (it will select one dependant on disc region).

This is okay.... but it kinda defeats the point of so-called HDMI 'plug and play'.

It is not a fault with the DV79 ... as I have tried another unit... it is also not a fault with the HDMI cable.

It is either the HS20 or the HDMI software in the HS20 or DV79.

Does anyone have this set-up and have/not have this problem?

Can anyone else offer an opinion on this or the HDMI 'digital handshake' in general?

:confused:

Best regards and thanks in advance

:)

Doc

2. docfeelgood

docfeelgood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Answers to this are posted in the Arcam forum :thumbsup: