• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Handshake Issue (TiVo & Onkyo TX-NR616)

beadlesabout

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is quite the best place to put this thread. If not, happy for a mod to move it.

I had my Virgin Media TiVo (Samsung 500GB) installed yesterday. It's working great apart from a very annoying HDMI handshake issue.

I'm using my Harmony 650 remote to control my AV setup. With everything off, it turns on TV, Receiver, TiVo and then sets inputs. It works fine and I have picture and sound.

If I switch to another activity, it works fine, picture and sound.

If I then switch back to the TiVo activity, I have no picture, no sound and a warning that "HDMI is not available" I can still access all the menus on the TiVo.

I've spent nearly a day trying multiple cables and settings on my receiver, I've also tried various delays and activity adjustments on the remote, to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? From reading around, it's fairly common with the TiVo and has been since 2010 or something. I can't not have the TiVo though!

I'm using an Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver and a Panasonic TX-P50VT65B TV. Everything is on the latest firmware version.

Any tips or fixes?

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom