HDMI graphix card

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by jaxouk, Feb 7, 2009.

1. jaxouk

jaxouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI all, newbie here

This is my first post and i looking some advice on a graphics card hdmi setup. I have an asrock conroe dvi945 board in my pc, it has an onboard dvi card. I bought a dvi-hdmi adaptor and connected it into my plasma but cant find the right resolution. There isn`t many resolutions to choose from but i cant find one to fit the screen. it either displaying a 37" picture on a 42" screen or the next setting is loosing the taskbar at the bottom.
    Does anyone have any advice on this as to what i can do. I`m asuming its just a poor video card and was thinking a new one would sort this.?? It works perfectly through the d-sub cable (well it fits the screen) but i have ordered a blu-ray drive and would like the proper hdmi connection. Can anyone recommend a half decent reasonably priced card that would sort it out,...or is it something else that i`m missing? The tv is a panasonic 42" px

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  2. jaxouk

jaxouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. jaxouk

jaxouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump

4. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +920
    What graphics card do you currently have? Have you got the latest drivers and control software for it?

Might be worth checking before spending money.

Also - have you seen if you are feeding your display at its native resolution? (Normally 1280x720, 1366x768, 1920x1080 for LCDs and sometimes 1024x720 and 1024x768 as well for Plasmas - though the latter are non-square modes so may appear stretched)

Does your display let you configure your input for a PC ?

Does your display have a 1:1/Just/Dot for Dot/Full Pixel mode - or an Overscan setting (which should be reduced to zero)?

Both ATI and nVidia cards should allow you to compensate for your TV's overscan (which is why bits of the desktop are chopped off) - if your TV won't let you run in 1:1 mode or native resolution or configure it as a PC input.

If you can introduce some overscan compensation, you will be able to scale the desktop so it all appears on-screen.

Otherwise - look at the ATI 4xxxx series of cards - assuming you have a PCI-E x16 slot and want HDMI. (Buy one with a native HDMI connector and you will save yourself some hassle)

5. jaxouk

jaxouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have just bought an ati card from ebay. Tbh I dont know what type i have got at the minute. Its just a free one that came with the mobo. I cant display it at my tv`s native, its either too big or to small. so here`s hoping the new one will sort it.
    Here`s the one i bought, (don`t use the pc for gaming so hopefully this will be enough) Gigabyte GV-R435OC-512I Radeon HD 4350 Low Profile on eBay, also Graphics Video Cards, Graphics, Video TV Cards, Desktop PC Components, Computing (end time 01-Mar-09 23:42:05 GMT)