Hdmi enhanced option

DevonMike

I have posted this on my tvs dedicated thread however now that my tv is nearly 4 years old noone seems to read it anymore.
My Sony Bravia kd55xe7073 has 3 hdmi inputs but on the av selection screen only ports 2 and 3 are able to be 'enhanced' ,as a query i emailed Sony support who replied that ALL the inputs are capable of outputting a 4k signal,i was under the impression that this wasnt the case so after following all the (automated) options there still isnt a option to even view port 1 let alone change it to enhanced.I am asking this on here ad i know there are a lot of knowledgeable types on here who can hopefully confirm that only 2 and 3 can output 4k.

Attachments

• 20210909_183433.jpg
    20210909_183433.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 38

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Most Sony TV's allowed you to “hide” unused inputs so they don’t appear in the source list.
Have a look through the settings for AV inputs/check your user manual to see how to make them visible.

DevonMike

Most Sony TV's allowed you to “hide” unused inputs so they don’t appear in the source list.
Have a look through the settings for AV inputs/check your user manual to see how to make them visible.
Your response is appreciated but unfortunately it seems as if the tv only displays 4k on 2 and 3 as evidenced by this glaringly obvious text along the bottom of the screen that somehow i havent noticed before.It appears that Sony were proper stingy barstewards when they made this tv. The question is why? 🤬

Attachments

• 20210909_203315.jpg
    20210909_203315.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 29

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Your response is appreciated but unfortunately it seems as if the tv only displays 4k on 2 and 3 as evidenced by this glaringly obvious text along the bottom of the screen that somehow i havent noticed before.It appears that Sony were proper stingy barstewards when they made this tv. The question is why? 🤬

It was common on TVs of that age, the component suppliers often weren't offering the capability yet - I believe the Mediatek CPUs were the cause of the limitation for a lot of Sony models.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom