HDMI Earc workaround

huntaaar2

Novice Member
Hi all,

I have just bought a new Sonos Arc but my tv only has ARC and not EARC. I’m wondering if there is some sort of bridge or workaround to get the uncompressed Atmos from
Netflix and whatever other streamers, sources support it. Any ideas most welcome.

For context, the things I currently have connected to my tv are:
A BT YouView box with Netflix
A ps4 with Sky Go and prime + the odd Blu-ray
A chromecast
A MacBook via hdmi

thanks in advance!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
No 'workaround' as such as you cannot change or adapt the capabilities of your TV - instead you would install a 4K UHD/HDCP2.2 HDMI Switch with separate Video and Audio HDMI Out plus eARC/ARC support between the Source devices and the TV/Soundbar.

The HDFury Vertex² would be the option we supply/install.

Joe

huntaaar2

Novice Member
Thanks Joe, this is the exact sort of solution I was hoping someone would offer up. I’ll look into The vertex more, thanks again.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Cheers huntaaar2

If you have questions around the Vertex² drop me a PM.

Joe

huntaaar2

Novice Member
No 'workaround' as such as you cannot change or adapt the capabilities of your TV - instead you would install a 4K UHD/HDCP2.2 HDMI Switch with separate Video and Audio HDMI Out plus eARC/ARC support between the Source devices and the TV/Soundbar.

The HDFury Vertex² would be the option we supply/install.

Joe

but then at 370 quid it might be easier to buy a new tv 😂

PopDay123

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have just bought a new Sonos Arc but my tv only has ARC and not EARC. I’m wondering if there is some sort of bridge or workaround to get the uncompressed Atmos from
Netflix and whatever other streamers, sources support it. Any ideas most welcome.

For context, the things I currently have connected to my tv are:
A BT YouView box with Netflix
A ps4 with Sky Go and prime + the odd Blu-ray
A chromecast
A MacBook via hdmi

thanks in advance!
Hello, there is an EARC adapter founding ongoing right now for EARC work around for all new Sonos arc users with only ARC TV. See the link. They need to get 400 preorders before they will make it happen.

huntaaar2

Novice Member
Hello, there is an EARC adapter founding ongoing right now for EARC work around for all new Sonos arc users with only ARC TV. See the link. They need to get 400 preorders before they will make it happen.

great! Thanks for sharing

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom