HDMI/DVI switchers?

for_mandalore

Novice Member
Hello gents. I know these questions are asked all the time (I did a search) but I can't make head nor tail of the answer, or can't find the exact question I need answering.

You see, I have a Philips 32" HD ready tv that has a DVI point as it's only HD connection. I have a PS3 and a 360, the PS3 connected with an HDMI-DVI adaptor and the 360 connected with a VGA-DVI adaptor. It's the same with audio, the tv has one DVI audio in socket which I have a plug for but have to keep switching that too.

This means that I have to keep disconnecting one every time I have to use another which is getting a little annoying.

I've seen various HDMI switch boxes around to solve these problems, but as I understand it because I connect using the DVI adaptors, I will still have a problem with audio connection (ie, having to keep switching my audio connection).

So, if I was to buy a switch box, would I be able to connect my 360 (VGA-DVI) and PS3 (HDMI-DVI) to it and both audio sources?

I hope that question makes sense to you, I think I have got it right. Please help, I'm pulling my hair out trying to fnd an answer!

Gadgetcity

Novice Member
Are you looking for something like this?

Hope that helps

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Netflix Movies and TV Shows Coming in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom