Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HDMI/DVI or Component for PT-AE700 projector?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by matt.hocker, Jan 6, 2005.

1. matt.hocker

matt.hocker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Panasonic PT-AE700 projector and am amazed at the quality of the 16x9 DVD projection from my computer (over analogue VGA no less!). Now my next step is to choose a suitable small "girlfriend-friendly" system to match it.

I have examined a number of systems, looking primarily at all-in-one systems, and the Denon DHT-550SD and the Jamo DVR-50 + A3 seem to be best, with the Denon slightly better as it provides component inputs. I don't care too much about DiVX which would be the point of getting the Jamo IMHO, but it is a nice to have. Both these systems have component video input, which is a minimum requirement.

However, in looking around, I see that there is (was?) a Samsung all-in-one which provides (provided?) HDMI output, which this projector has. However, I can't seem to find this Samsung around anymore, and there are no other HDMI or even DVI all-in-one systems that I can find.

Questions:

1. Should I just go with component video instead of HDMI/DVI? Will I lose a lot?

2. If I do go with HDMI/DVI, where can I find a suitable all-in-one (or at least mini-system) ?

Thanks!

Matt