HDMI DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by banyantree, Sep 30, 2004.

1. banyantree

banyantree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thinking of buying a DVD recorder for my setup. Is there an HDMI compatable player available yet? I would like to hook it upto my Pioneer av5i and pioneer PDP-434hde.
    I would prefer a player with large hard disc storage capacity.

Is Panasonic still the best recorder to buy?

2. ulysse

ulysse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pioneer comes out with a new top of the line dvd recorder in november or december. It is called the DVR-920 and is a perfect match to the pioneer plasmas. It has a 250GB harddisk and an HDMI interface. It will be available for about 1800 euros.
    If you can wait, there will be also new models from Sony, all HDMI compatible and with 250 or 400GB harddisks. At the moment they are only available in Japan, but will sell in Europe in spring 2005.
    Panasonic recorders are still great, but in terms of picture quality you should also consider the new Sony recorders RDR-HX900 and HX1000 (with progressive scan but no hdmi).