• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI DVD Player

jimtoon

Standard Member
Hi all Brand new to the world of HD, I seen a DVD player with an HDMI connection are there any advantages in buying a dvd like this, its not an HD dvd

canfabulous

Established Member
Hi all Brand new to the world of HD, I seen a DVD player with an HDMI connection are there any advantages in buying a dvd like this, its not an HD dvd

Probably has scaling technology in it to upscale pictures to HD resolutions offered by the new sets. Advantages are there depending what the performance is offered by the scaler in your HDTV and if you want to use a seperate scaler for multiple sources, rather than have built in scalers.

What were you looking at and what HDTV have you got?

jimtoon

Standard Member
wow, lost me right at the start there, as I said new to this. I have a 27" LCD HDTV its a one from ASDA an unknown make called ONN, it works fine and the picture quality seems much better than my old TV, the HDMI DVD player was a Tevion 800.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though i do appreciate it

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom