HDMI DVD Player without any issues

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Reaperman, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Reaperman

Reaperman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I am looking to add an HDMI DVD player to make better use of my new 436XDE plasma but having read/followed a number of threads over the past month it would seem that there a number of HDMI DVD players that have, in some small way, an issue or problem...be it lip syncing, picture shift etc....

Is there a HDMI player in the market that DOESN'T have any problems or issues.....or am I looking for Eutopia....

2. telford_mike

telford_mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    No problems with my Tosh 350 as yet, only had it a week though.

3. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    You've got no chance getting the Perfect dvd player or any electical device for that matter, one doesn't exist. For everyone who says, like the previous poster, that they have no problems with theirs, there will be many others who could list issues and problems. Best to choose what is most suitable to you and within your price range and hope you get a good un.

4. Reaperman

Reaperman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I hear what you say, but the issues would appear to be fundamental ones that shouldnt be present......
    The whole point of making use of the HDMI interface is to make use of the HDMI interface and not put up with a product that is missing a beat every now and then.....

Maybe I am asking too much...my sony dvdr works perfectly with no issues and delivers a pretty good picture over component......
    Manufacturers have, in my opinion, a responsibility to the paying general public of bringing a robust product to the market place......and that is not just high end equipment...;)

I perfectly accept that a £200 player will perform differently to a £800 player but the spec needs to reflect that.....

All I want is a no frills HDMI dvd player that will make FULL use of my HD setup......

5. shortround

shortround

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Unfortunately, what most of us that frequent this forum would consider to be 'issues' will go largely unnoticed by the general buying public. And they are the manufacturers main selling areas. So it's not really in their interest to spend money on fixing issues that most people aren't going to notice.

Apart from small niche companies like Oppo, who seem to be doing their best to satisfy the nitpicking forum communities, that situation is unlikely to change.

I would say wait for then new Oppo in April, it could possibly be the player you're after.

6. Reaperman

Reaperman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Gr8...thats the sort of comment I was hoping for...cheers...

I have looked at the Oppo and it would seem a good bet....even the model out today.....

The real choice will be wait for newer models like the Oppo..ie NON HD players or take the plunge into an HD/BR player.....my gut feel is that an HD/BR will have issues but a different can of worms so to speak....

7. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    If you want no frills and a great picture look no further than the Arcam DV79.

8. Reaperman

Reaperman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Cheers Crustyloafer.......It serpently looks a top notch bit of kit...:cool:

9. matvib

matvib
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a cambridge dvd89 and an imported 37" lcd with 1920 x 1080.
    i have connected via HDMI but to be honest cant really see any difference to my Sony DVD s through component.

do you think its because my expectations are too high?

am i completely stupid (dont be afraid to say so) or do i have the set up completely wrong.

10. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    The Denon 2910, though rather pricey, is essentially issue-free. At least, I haven't had any problems with mine in the past 16 months.

11. Reaperman

Reaperman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Um...not sure if this is really related to this thread m8....could I suggest you start a new one.