Hdmi dvd for under £40

louisg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any delas for a sub £40 hdmi dvd player.
I want one to fit into a wall cavity that i have so it will be a perinant fixture in the wall.

I know asda and aldi have cheapies but im worried about the lastabilty of such models.

Anyone know of any well known brands that have a budget model?

Louis

i will take a look at that one.

sumavision isnt a very good brand so will steer clear of that one.

louis

Get yourself a 5960 Phillips. They are around at that price. Try Richer Sounds or Amazon.

Yes, see below- Tevion 34.99 from Aldi- bargain with loads of features.

Get yourself a 5960 Phillips. They are around at that price. Try Richer Sounds or Amazon.

Richer sounds do that model for £69.95
Amazon have it brand new for £39.99

Might just buy one for myself at that price - chris57 do you have this one yourself? Is it a decent dvd player?

Might just buy one for myself at that price - chris57 do you have this one yourself? Is it a decent dvd player?

Richer sounds do that model for £69.95 - thats the 5980 model
Amazon sell the 5980 for - £55.52

its the 5960 that Amazon sell for £40

Richer sounds do that model for £69.95 - thats the 5980 model
Amazon sell the 5980 for - £55.52

its the 5960 that Amazon sell for £40

is this the best value? do any upscalers also have recorders on them?

Yes I do have one myself. Over the years since divx budget players arrived ive owned quite a few different ones aswell. The Phillips is great value and in my opinion produces a better quality picture than others. It also accepts more avi/xvid/divx formats than others. The 5960 has modded firmwares available than bring extra features with it and also packed bitstream support (if you can face losing multichannel output via coaxial simultanously with HDMI).

I know there are slightly cheaper ways to buy online but the best shops to get the PHILIPS 5960 from are ARGOS or ASDA at £49.99 great player, I just got mine yesterday :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom