HDMI, DVD-A & SACD on DVD Recorders

BAD Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
HDMI, DVD-A & SACD seem to be the emerging features in DVd players.
When will we start to see these features combined with DVD Recorder technology?
Any on the horizon?

Thanks!

HDMI, DVD-A & SACD seem to be the emerging features in DVd players
DVD-Audio is already found on Panasonic DVD recorders. SACD is bound to follow on Sony models in the not to distant future. Maybe Pioneer will add 'universal' support to their future DVD recorders?

Panasonic, Toshiba, Philips and Pioneer are all going to add HDMI onto their machines at some stage. Panasonic is likely to include it on their 7 series plasmas and, thereafter, on their DVD players/recorders.

Personally the biggest 'development' I'm waiting for is inclusion of a terrestial digital tuner. At least then we will be able to record in best quality format even if we have to wait for HDMI to be able to watch it!

Originally posted by Rasczak

Personally the biggest 'development' I'm waiting for is inclusion of a terrestial digital tuner. At least then we will be able to record in best quality format even if we have to wait for HDMI to be able to watch it!

Do you think terrestrial digital is best?

Do you think terrestrial digital is best?
For me yes. I watch very little Sport (prefer to play it rather than watch it) and any movies I want to watch I buy on DVD. I used to think Sky was worth it for the likes of UK Drama and UK Gold - which showed some really decent stuff once upon a time. But both channels have gone so far downhill now I can't see them ever getting better - plus many 'classic' shows are available on DVD either here or in the US so the last 'benefit' of Sky has gone as far as I'm concerned.

Looking at the TV I have watched over the last year it is almost all on channels that are on Digital Terrestial - and as the PQ on that is considerably better than on Sky (especially on the BBC) as soon as a DVD recorder with a large HDD (250GB or more), a good digital terrestial tuner and a EPG comes along I will buy that and cancel Sky.

I'm not saying Sky is bad - it just doesn't offer anything for me anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom