• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.



Active Member
Does such a unit exist? The problem I have is as follows. I have a hdcables.co.uk HDMI 3:2 switcher feeding a 1080p panel and a 720p panel. I have a 360 Elite connected at the moment. Will be a PS3 aswell at some point. You can set the 360 to the maximum resolution of connected panel. So I can set the 360 to 1080p but then the 720p panel displays 'mode not supported'.

So... is there such a device that will take an HDMI input, at 1080p, and then output a HDMI signal at 720p? It doesnt have to be a HDMI output, component will suffice.

I hope it makes sense what I am trying to do. If theres no possible solution then I will sell the 3:2 switcher as there is no point in continuing!

Many thanks


Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello MitsiTurbo

If both Displays support 1080i give that a go – its unlikely you'll notice any problems feeding the 1080p Display with 1080i.

It is possible to process one of the Outputs of the 3x2 DA – though a relatively costly solution; see http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=4722


The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom