Question HDMI Distribution

nabberuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
I would like to distribute our sky box around the house.

The Sky box is in the lounge. HDMI into the the Sony TV, then an optical lead into a Canton DM55.

I don't want to have any more kit in the lounge but would prefer the distribution kit to be in the loft. I can run cat5 to various places if need be, but I have two questions.

1. Other TVs in the house haven't any extra audio kit so won't be able to play DTS like in the lounge. Is there a distributor that will downsample it?
2. What's the easiest way to get the hdmi from the lounge to the loft.

Apologies I'm new to all of this.

I think I have a possible solution with just add power. There's a passthrough on the transmitter and the receivers will downsample the audio.

I already have a Poe switch in the loft to power them. Does anyone see any issues in my plan?

There are pro installers over in the cables and switches forum that can help you.
Cables & Switches

How old is your house? Do you know what the make up of it is?

New builds -VS- Victorian Terrace will make quite a difference to how you run the cables.

Do you have RF (aerial) Cables going from lounge to loft and then to other rooms ?

What Just Add Power product have you been looking at ?

How many Extra TVs ?

Is sky go an option? Our 4 bedrooms run off sky go. our box in the conservatory uses a neet splitter and goes to the dining room/kitchen.

As ever budget is likely going to dictate which option you go with.

HDMI over CAT cable - be it HDBT or LAN is not a low cost option so you have to weigh up what quality of signal you require in the secondary Zones and do you require the SKY signal in all Zones.

Keep in mind with a single SKY box being Distributed to multiple TV's all TV's have to view the same channel when being viewed simultaneously.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom