HDMI display problem.

magnus1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there. Ive been running my xbox 360 thru a vga lead to my monitor and in the past used it on my plasma tv using the hdmi output , but since updating the dashboard to the new kinect dash i tried playing my machine thru the hdmi on the plasma tv and get a black screen ??? ive tried going to the settings and there is no setting for hdmi just vga ? has anyone got any ideas . thanks :(

Try this (from Microsoft support):

To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
2. Turn the console off.
3. Turn the console on.

Note - If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller.

Note - Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller is the controller where the upper-left quadrant light is on.

4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time. This causes the Xbox Dashboard to reset the display settings to the default settings and then automatically restarts the console. So it's OK when the Xbox 360 console restarts.

me too when i get it on my screen is green and no audio sometimes it dosent even come on been on to xbox support and they made me try loads of different things but cant help me . i bought a new tv and even took it back thinking it was a fault with the tv but same problem on the replacment , it works on my 50" plasma lg tv but not on my sanyo 27 inch lcd hdtv . its realy doing my head in as i bought the tv especialy for my xbox can anyone help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom