• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI control SR+ ??

SeanB88

Established Member
I made an SR+ cable a while back now – set up all my system and got fed up with HDMI control and the SR+ so turned it all off but I think I’m missing out so what does each do? Do they work independently or together? What am I missing out on?

I got frustrated with the HDMI control/SR+ setup because I didn’t really know what I was doing and it annoyed me how the Receiver volume that was displayed on screen via the SR+ cable was different to the the volume displayed on the receiver itself. Is that normal?

Setup: VSX-LX60 Amp; DVR-LX60; PDP-LX60

Alistair

Established Member
From my experience with my own gear, I have never needed the SR+ cable and I have now turned HDMI Control off on the amp. Personally I don't like the OSD volume control, I find it annoying as I like to make small volume adjustments during a movie without it being obvious to everyone watching. Even with HDMI Control off and no SR+ cable I still get the amp setup menu no problem, so in my case, apart from PQLS for playing CDs, I am not missing anything by not having HDMI Control on or having a SR+ cable.
And yes, it is completely normal that the OSD volume number is different to that displayed on the amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom