• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Control of STR-DG820

syfodyas

Established Member
I have enabled HDMI control of my STR-DG820 and when my tv is switched off, it switches off the amp into standby and BD player (if running).

So how do I get the amp to wake from standby when I switch ON my TV? I have tried everything!
Furthermore, say if my last input was SAT because I was watching sky with the surround sound on, how do I get the amp (once switched on) to default back to SAT (sky) when it wakes from standby? At the moment it switches to TV (which is nothing) and I have to fumble about with multiple remote controls.

BTW my Sky is on a different HDMI input and not connected to the amps HDMI input. I have optical connected from sky box to amp for sound.

J

j3000

If you have a recent Sony TV the "Theatre" button will switch audio to the surround receiver.

Or press play on a suitable BD/DVD player and the amp and TV should turn on and select the correct input.

Different devices implement different parts of the CEC spec so I don't know if this will work with non-Sony devices.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom