• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Connector repair

Mark McG

Standard Member
hi there

i have just run a 20 m HDMI V 1.4 cable around and down my house to another tv. the picture and connection were great. however the hdmi connector that fits to my tv is damaged, the pins have came away from the connector sleeve. is there anyway to repair this? I dont want to go to the cost of replacing the cable but also the hassle of trying to re route a new cable around the house as this was the most difficult part of the job.

thanks in advance.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
‘i have just run a 20 m HDMI V 1.4 cable around and down my house to another tv’ – I’ve ‘removed’ the irrelevant bit :)

It sounds like this cable is running externally?

Long and usually heavy gauge cable are very susceptible to damage/failure where the cable and connector mates and any repair is never going to be wholly satisfactory as you/we try and push higher and higher bandwidth signals down the cables.

Personally I’d suggest biting the bullet and run x2 CAT6 (external grade or in a conduit) and utilise an HDMI over Twisted Pair Extender.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom