HDMI & Component output from Pio 868AVi at the same time?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matthew J Taylo, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Panni PWD6 (852x480 pixels) hooked up to a Pio 868avi via a Beldon component cable (slot 3) & a wireworld HDMI-DVI-D cable (Slot 2).

I'd have to say that in all my time with this kit (about 10 months now) I've hardly ever seen a better picture with the HDMI/DVI output (maybe T2 the exception) even when switching to a wireword £150 HDMI/DVI-D cable?

I also noticed the other day that when I had the DVD payer on but wthout a disc in it I could see very small green dotted lines accross the screen when veiwing the HDMI/DVI feed?

I have a few questions about HDMI settings for the DVD Player

1. What is the best picture setting for my plasma for region 1 discs ? VGA 640x480, 720x480p or 1280x720p?
    2. Why do I have different resolution options when I don't have a disc in the tray?
    3. Does the player actually transmit a HDMI signal when also connected to a component cable as switching between the two screen I don't see any difference?
    4. What is pixel mapping/matching?
    5.. Finally, I can actually play most R2's via the HDMI out which shouldn't happen with the plasma?

I'm not 100% convinced that I'm seeing the best from my DVD player & plasma.

Cheers
    Matt :beer: