HDMI Carry Audio?

chriscja

Standard Member
Hi Guys

I recently purchased a 1080i Sharp LCD and When I purchased a HDMI cable at the same time (From Richersounds) I was told that only more expensive cables carry audio as well as video (over £50 or so) and cheaper cables don't carry any audio just video.

Is that right? I was pretty sure all HDMI cables carried audio as well as video no matter what price.

Any help appreciated :)

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
Hi Guys

I recently purchased a 1080i Sharp LCD and When I purchased a HDMI cable at the same time (From Richersounds) I was told that only more expensive cables carry audio as well as video (over £50 or so) and cheaper cables don't carry any audio just video.

Is that right? I was pretty sure all HDMI cables carried audio as well as video no matter what price.

Never heard that one before - I have a very cheap HDMI cable connectin a PS3 to an HD set - and it carries audio.

Think that may be "Salesman-talking-bobbins" syndrome.

chriscja

Standard Member
Yea that really annoys me when they blatently lie to you. I was missold a cable then :(

Ill file a complaint against them... I hate being lied to

Thanks for the help

N

NickMon

Hi Guys

My Ebay HMDI cable for £7 has both (tested on my Panasonic ex-75) I smell a story...

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom