• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Cables, what do I need ?

Mick Dundee

Standard Member
I have just bought a Sony Bravia 32S3000 LCD TV and need some direction as to what HDMI cable is best for me? I will be mainly using it for my PS3, and want the best use of this to be able to play Fifa 08/Call of Duty 4 etc with the best picture.

I have read many threads, and most think that spending too much money is a waste as you can obtain a decent HDMI cable very cheap.

Can anyone help?

Dundee:rolleyes:

MarkTaylor

Prominent Member
Your question is already answered in the many previous similar threads, please don't make us repeat it all again :)

www.ukhdmi.com is as good a place as any to start.

un1eash

Distinguished Member
To make it easy for you, if your cable is under 5m then spend £15 max.

Are UKHDMI ok then? The specs look fine, and the price is right, but do we have any users here who have done tests against 5 star cables that the mags tend to suggest? I'd be happier buying if a member could give me an evidenced review of one of their range?!

Actually, I'll be more specific then (mainly a question for hdmihead). What does the new "N" range add to the normal premium range, at ukhdmi ? Are they just a bit better?
(just that the premium is specifically stated to be used for PS3, and I was wondering if the N was a better version, or somthing designed for a different type of use?!
I'm simple when it comes to hdmi!

Member 213491

Established Member
Actually, I'll be more specific then (mainly a question for hdmihead). What does the new "N" range add to the normal premium range, at ukhdmi ? Are they just a bit better?
(just that the premium is specifically stated to be used for PS3, and I was wondering if the N was a better version, or somthing designed for a different type of use?!
I'm simple when it comes to hdmi!

N has a nice snake like skin.... we had feedback from customers that they wanted a nice looking cable hence the N series.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom