hdmi cable

maxwan

Novice Member
am i better off putting in a HDMI cable as well as a component cable whilst i have my living room in peices

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
maxwan

HDMI or DVI - either one makes sense if your system is going to be installed for the next couple of years (or more).

I'd also stick in a Composite or S-Video as sometimes these can be a life saver if your having problems configuring for Component or Digital.

Best regards

Joe

maxwan

Novice Member
where can i get a price on HDMI cable in the UK ?
I have ordered component cable from blue jeans cable in the USA
because UK prices came very expensive. I will ask them for a quote

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
maxwan

Plenty of places that supply Component cables at reasonable prices in the UK - I'm biased I think OUR prices are reasonable for the brands I supply.

I have lots of HDMI cables in stock so drop me a note and maybe our pricing on HDMI will meet your requirements :)

Best regards

Joe

maxwan

Novice Member
after reading about component cable and getting pushed towards belden cable, where would I start on what is quality HDMI cable and what is poor as well as looking at prices

Y

yan

Does anyone have any info on how good the high end HDMI cables are, is it worth going for a digital magic cable (£67 for 2m)or a wireworld cable(£200 ??) as opposed to the Molex cable(£22 for 2m).

Although based on what I have read so far about HDMI it does put me off spending loads of money on a high end cable. Although I suppose if I want to get the best out of my HDMI gear I need to get a decent cable.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
yan

If you cant decide between Molex and BetterCables have both :)

Seriously though if you want one of each to try and then keep the one you like best please drop me a note.

Best regards

Joe

PS I've asked for a WireWorld Starlight5 cable to try it out but no stock in the UK at present (other than the ONE cable doing the rounds of the magazines).

F

friend

Does WireWorld Starlight5 cable make a difference ?
In other words does it worth tha money ?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
friend

According to WireWorld it does :)

I've not seen any comparative reviews as yet and as per previous post I cant get a cable to test at present as the ONE cable that's in the UK is doing the publicity rounds.

Best regards

Joe

Y

yan

Joe I did PM you, but nonetheless I will take one of the better cables, what do I need to do from here? Incidentally which one do you use or do you not use your HDMI socket?