Question HDMI cable with HDPC V2.2 Compliance

JL12W7

Hello

I purchased some HDMI cable of this seller on e bay now I did not want to spend a fortune on HDMI cable so I read some reviews and this cable gets a favourable review from everyone just wondering anyone know if this cable is HDPC V2.2 compliant reading the description it looks as if it is with the specs but it does not say if it is HDPC V2.2 compliant. What are your thoughts. Link below.

HighSpeed Gold Plated HDMI Cable | 4K @ 60Hz 4096 x 2160p HDR UHD XBOX 3D TV PS3 | eBay

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Passive cables are not limited to a particular HDCP version - that only applies to the signal passing over the cable.

How long is the cable you have purchased?

Anything over 8m and you will struggle with a 4K UHD signal.

Joe

JL12W7

Passive cables are not limited to a particular HDCP version - that only applies to the signal passing over the cable.

How long is the cable you have purchased?

Anything over 8m and you will struggle with a 4K UHD signal.

Joe

It will be 8 mtrs long maybe I will need 9 meters. I was looking at the AudioQuest Pearl Active HDMI Cable AudioQuest Pearl Active HDMI Cable

I just don’t know if it is worth spending all this money on HDMI cable as I have read it is only a ploy to get the punter to spend money they do not need to would that be correct as i would hate being ripped off but i'll be connecting this from my Sony 750es projector to my pioneer 9000 blu ray palyer so dont want to skimp at the last minute with the weakest link being the cable that connects everything together what are your thoughts on cable costing £25 compared to cable costing 8 times as much is it wort it considering my set up will I even notice the difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom