HDMI cable with HD Box

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dazgwinn, Mar 7, 2006.

1. dazgwinn

dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Read somewhere that the new HD box will come with an HDMI cable included. Wonder if this will be any good or whether it will be worthwhile shelling out for an half decent one? Dazgwinn.

2. gilford

gilford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    I'm sure the supplied one would be ok, after all, it will be a digital signal?

3. Attu

Attu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Id wait and see how good the one they give you is, i cant see them giving a good HDMI cable away free but saying that would they compromise the picture quality of their new premium system by giving you a bad quality cable ? only time will tell.

Andy

4. AntBanks

AntBanks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +462
    Well going by the crappy scarts you get with their Sky+ boxes, don't expect much in the way of quality. remember a good HDMI is upwards of 70-80 quid. i wouldn't have thought you would get that sort of quality in the box.

5. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,483
    funny i bought a couple of hdmi cables from ebuyer for less than a tenner and they are very good.

like the obove poster said, its digital so when your dealing with only a meter or two distance. cable quality is going to mean jack between the £5 one and the £100,000,000,000 monster cable one

6. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I've aways bought high quality analogue cables for my AV setup but my understanding of digital means: if it works, it works.

Unless I see some good A/B tests that show a diffierence between a £10 and a £80 HDMI cable, I will be going the cheaper route everytime. The one thing they need though is a retension clip like the new SATAII spec has, would be a really nice addition.