1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdmi cable question

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by daveydw, Jul 23, 2005.

1. daveydw

daveydw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    i have the panasonic s97 running to my pv 500 with an hdmi cable and iam not that impressed with the pic quality it seems to have a better quality when i switch to a scart cable is this because of a poor quality hdmi cable and would a cable like the qed quintex one produce a better picture

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,527
    daveydw

Its hard to say for sure that your problem is cable related or not.

Keep in mind HDMI is a connectivity standard - its not a guarantee of a better image quality; the signal passing over the HDMI cable is very similar to the signal passing over your SCART cable; its just that its in a Digital format.

You need to ensure you go through all the user menu options on the DVD player and the PlasmaTV to ensure you have everything set for optimal playback; menu adjustments you make in the HDMI menu will not affect stings in the SCART menu and vice versa.

Start off by switching all the noise reduction and image 'enhancement' features in the HDMI menus to OFF - look through the DVD player and TV menus.

If your still not happy with the Digital (HDMI) connection then a different cable may be worth a look - though ensure you get it on Sale or Return.

Best regards

Joe